Monday 24 June 2013

Update

I haven't posted anything in the past couple of weeks-honestly, because nothing overly exciting has happened :/ 
Iv been walking the streets, meeting new people, trying new cafes and surprisingly-my body's adjusted to the weather. OK, so maybe some things have been exciting...so not, not so exciting-but I feel that I am totally ready for some real excitement! That being said-in 3 days we are off to the east coast to Kiawah Island in South Carolina!  Its kind of a golf estate come island vibe where the weather is super warm (bliss) the beaches are many and the lifestyle is relaxed! We will be going for 10 days and spending the 4th July there.  I was told to pack mainly sun dresses and bathing suits-this made me smile my biggest smile!! :) :) I am so ready to leave some of this fog behind for a bit and get my South African tan back!!!

Yesterday marked a HUGE day in the history of my life as I had waited at least 2 years for it to come! I purchased my very first, solely financed DSLR carmera, and added a super cool lens to it! Its my new gem and iv barely let it out my sight in 24 hours! So yesterday afternoon, I put on my walking shoes strapped my camera to my neck and took to the city streets snapping away!

 Fav pic so far-using my telephoto lens
 Having some fun with the girls and my camera



One thing that iv decided to do this year, is to search out all the San Franciscan Hearts.  The city has all these decorated hearts that they get artists to paint, and then are auctioned off and the proceeds go to charities.  They fun to look for because some are hidden in shop windows and restaurant porches, but the ones iv managed to find, have been really easy, and now that I have my camera I can go exploring for the rest! The five I have photos of are below.







I will definitely be posting from the East Coast!! Until then...

Roxy 


No comments:

Post a Comment