Friday 19 July 2013

**Birthday Festivities**

What a great weekend! :)

Birthdays for me are really unpredictable. Iv had some really good ones, as well as some upsetting ones-so I was not too sure how it was going to turn out this year.  I started organizing to do something with a group of friends until all the host families decided to take vacation the exact same weekend!!! All my plans were now non existent as all the girls were out of town :(
SO I was chatting to Lynn and she said we can do something as a family together, and we decided on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!! 


SO back to the beginning-
I do have a new friend, Natalia, who shares a birthday with me:) So Saturday we ventured out into the city, and did another walking stint from around 10am to about 4pm. (Still loving this about the city!) We went to places we haven't seen yet, including some we had. Downtown, Coit Tower, Telegraph Hill, Lombard street and then we went down to the water and walked along all the piers.  The weather was AMAZING for a San Fran summer day, so we were taking full advantage!

That evening we decided to go out to celebrate that the next day was the 14th-both our birthdays!! We had a great time on Union Street! Union completely comes alive at night over the weekends, and its even better that you dont have to pay entrance to a lot of places! So you can hop from place to place instead of being stuck at one! (like many other places in the US ):  )

The next day I was woken bright an early by my sweet granny all the way in SA giving me a birthday call! Then the family made blueberry pancake and bacon for breakfast. We all enjoyed them and I opened my presents. They got me a gift, as well as ordering some South African food products for me!!!!




Lynn, the girls and I left for a fun day at the boardwalk! We went on rides, roller-coasters, played games, ate ice cream and had a blast! This place, in my opinion, is a typical American on-the-beach theme park that you would see in the movies!  We only got back to the house around 8pm where Brad had my favourite pizza waiting for us all! After pizza, they sang to me and we all had an AMAZING cake that Lynn baked for me-and by that time it was definitely time for bed!

 

The day before, my birthday package from Ross arrived, which made me SUPER happy, and a couple of days before that the one from my mom arrived as well, so I was feeling very loved!

It turned out to be a good year in my birthday opinion! BUT its not over yet ;) When all the girls are back from vacation-we will celebrate again!!


until then...
Roxy












1 comment:

  1. Hey Roxy,
    I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, and I really enjoy your posts.
    Just matched with my host-family a few days ago so I will be flying to the USA the end of Sept. I'm going to live near San Fran., so I thought it would be nice to get to know each other.
    Just drop me a line if you feel like it: pvicus02@gmail.com

    Evi :)

    ReplyDelete