Wednesday 14 August 2013

Its been a while

Its been so long since I posted here that I actually had to go back and look what the last post was about! And also to make sure I don't say what I already have.

This past month has been super busy!! It is STILL summer vacation-and I have and the girls for 10+ hours every single day-so by the time 7pm comes around, I'm so tired, my blog has been the last thing on my mind!  Well school goes back next week and I am going to have so much time, I'm not so sure I'm going to know what to do with myself!!

So what has happened in the last month...? Well work work and work-and a couple weekends in between in which some fun things have happened!
  

This past weekend I went up to Lake Tahoe with my small group for a little retreat.  It was a short trip-but really beautiful and refreshing! Tahoe is a huge fresh water lake on the boundary on CA and NV.  In the summer its awesome for boating, summer vacationing and BBQ'ing and in the winter it is amazing for skiing! So this weekend there were 10 of us, and we pretty much just ate, enjoyed each others company, ate some more, enjoyed some good fellowship, ate more, worshiped and ate even more! We did go on a tiny hike and had a bbq down by the water-but there's not too much to be said about the weekend besides that it was completely relaxing and a lot of fun!



 The water in Tahoe is really clear! Its so pretty just to look at and makes all the other colours around it look so much more vivid!! This lake is buzzing with people and boats and just has such a warm and friendly vibe to it! Definitely recommended!!! 




Action shot!!


On the way home, I was in a car with 3 other people-and the supposed to be 3 hour trip took us no shorted that 7!! We stopped over at soo many places-was a lot of fun!! One of the places was Fentons Creamery.  Fentons is like a typical 'diner' and has ice cream for Africa!! The sundaes, milkshakes and concoctions they make are awesome!!!  We stopped at farm stalls and took detours to find this amazing Filipino bread! (I cant remember the name) but the bakery was called Star Bakery. I tried tapioca tea or bubble tea for the first time as well!! click on the link and check it out!!


Was a super cool road trip home!!



Some other cool things iv been doing...

BBQ with friends, concerts in the park, shopping and planning a San Fran adventure with Kayleigh!! shes coming in 2 weeks!!!

We took the ferry across the bay to this little town called Sausalito.  Its tine, but really pretty as you can see San Francisco and the GG bridge.  We took the ferry over in the afternoon and had fish and chips for lunch. We then got what is supposed to be the greatest ice cream and we relaxed near a fountain in the sun.  Was such a chilled day, but was so much fun! We all felt so tired afterwards, even though we had done pretty much nothing!! Sausalito will definitely be visited a lot more during my year!!



GG Bridge from the ferry


 BBQ at Nicky's



Sorry about crazy photo positions, I tried!! :/





No comments:

Post a Comment