Tuesday 16 April 2013

I'm here!

So the last 2 days have been a Roller coaster of emotions, moods and state of mind! But im now as happy as can be in NY!!!

It was really hard to say goodbye to Ross, and leave all the familiar comforting things behind, but imnow on an adventure of a lifetime and so far it has been great!

The flight from Jo-burg to JFK was 16 hours-which should be excruciating, but I managed to sleep on and off for about 10 of them, which was awesome as I haven't been tired the whole day!
It took ages to go through customs and Border control, but we finally arrived at the hotel at around 11 am.  There were 7 SA girls and 12 from Brazil so 19 of us arrived and had lunch together.  I then headed straight for NYC!   I must say, as soon as I heard the American accent being spoken everywhere and the New York accent-I really felt like I had just come home!!!???

Anyway...

I took a taxi from the hotel to the train, then took the train to the beautiful Grand Central Station, then jumped on thr green line down to the business district to meet up with a friend. 
I  went straight to the world trade site (OK I did stop at Starbucks for my first in 2.5 years) I didint go into the memorial, cause its kind of closed up and there's a Q you have to stand in to walk through and I had limited time.  I took some pics of the buildings tho :)  I met up with my friend at the Wall street bull and we walked to the flat Iron building and walked around the city a bit. It was SO SO amazing to be back! 

At 5.30 i started making my way back the way i came and by 7pm I was back at the hotel having dinner with some other girls going to San Fran as well!

Here some pics to enjoy! :)
SA and Brazil Aupairs

9-11 memorial entrance

Grand Central

new buildings at twin tower site

STARBUCKS!!!


Flat Iron Building-Madison Square

Empire State building in the background

Grand Central again

1 comment:

  1. hey, it nice to see you again :))
    cannot wait to read about the adventure ahead of you !!
    sara

    ReplyDelete