Friday 3 May 2013

♥San Francisco♥



This city is slowly starting to grow on me :)

The first couple of days were slightly tough.  I was overly tired, sick and the weather was horrible! I kept thinking, what am I doing on the west coast, I want to be back in Boston-but now-its a different story!
San Fran is so pretty, and there is so much to do here!! I kept wondering if things were the same this side of the county as the other, and truth be told-there are the exact stores, Starbucks drinks and left side driven cars!!
We live in a great location and I can see the subway from my window, so every time I want to go shopping or meet friends downtown-I walk about 100m hop on the subway for 15 min and pop up at a station in the middle of shopping district-it is AWESOME! SO that is very new to me as i am used to living in the suburbs where we drive everywhere, so I am going to make full use of all these new things this year!

On Saturday I took the subway to meet friends who were coming  from a town a bit south of the city.  We met downtown and decided to do some touristy things.  As we were walking we came across the cutest street market where you could buy necklaces, earrings, t-shirts etc and we ended up spending a lot of time there.  We then made our way to 'Fisherman's Wharf' or otherwise known as 'Pier 39'.  It is right on the sea and is a kind of boardwalk filled with shops, restaurants and curios.  Of course it is aimed at tourists, but its still super fun to walk around.   There's a Jelly Belly shop, a hat shop,a left hand shop and other interesting things.  You can find so many Forest Gump memoirs as well, which I did'int really understand why?  The sea life around the wharf is also amazing, and at the end you have an awesome view of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate bridge as well as lots of Seals and Gulls.

The weather this week has been amaaaazing like SA summer and I can find my away around our part of the city.  I have been driving and tomorrow I'm going to get my CA drivers license!!! Iv already got a Social Security no and Bank of America account, so I am feeling VERY American-and Loving it!! Next week is going to be crazy busy but next weekend we are going camping in Yosemite National Park.  It is so beautiful and I can not wait!!

So until then!

Roxy


Street Market Jewelry



JElly Belly!!








A bit of SA in SF
Shopping mall!!!

*BLISS*
HATS!!






No comments:

Post a Comment