Friday 11 January 2013

2010

So, this will be my last post about the past, but it is a piece of my story, so i need to share it.

I arrived in the States on the 7th Dec 2009, with 0 travel experience.  My first trip was to NYC on about the  15th Dec with a friend staying in CT. WE(as COMPLETE novices) decided to go to the city, when we KNEW there was a snow storm on the way! face palm! The first 12 hours were complete magic in the snow, times square lights and all, but the next 12 turned into a nightmare as all transport came to a complete halt.  This resulting in crying, yelling negotiating and a whopping $150 to get home !
Its good to be able to look back now and be able to laugh! But i tell you, every trip I planned after that-i made SURE to check the weather!

My travels thereafter included countless trips to NYC, a weekend in DC and to the Naval Ball, A cruise to the Bahamas, Disney Land, San Fran, Vegas, the Grand Canyon,Yosemite, LA and Hollywood and then many trips into Boston (My other home<3)
I went on these trips with my friends from the au pair program and a huge shout out goes to Livia, Becca, Sandra, Peta and Roxy! My trips will be forever in my heart and you made them so much more worth it! xx

Some of the places above will def be re visited this year, and i will most certainly be adding a lot more to the list!

below are a couple photos...enjoy!
























Yours in Travel
Roxy



No comments:

Post a Comment