Thursday 31 January 2013

Emails, Skypes and Phone Calls

Its all becoming REAL!!

So the past 6 days host families have been getting hold of me, and we are chatting away! It is so exciting meeting everyone on that side of the world and researching all the towns that these families come from. Some families already told me they have matched with other aupairs, and some have set up our 2nd or 3rd chat!

I must say, I had a completely different view of the families that would be contacting me, just because I kept comparing to my old host family, but I'v realized that this is a completely different experience and adventure that I am going to, and I need to completely empty my mind of preconceptions!  I was convinced I wanted to be on the east coast-but it seems I have a very large chance of being on the west coast!

Some questions that I ask them that are important to me include:

Does the family consider their au pair a part of their family? (this is really important to me! I want to feel wanted, accepted and supported by both parents)

Do I have access to a car, and how far is public transport. (This makes a HUGE difference as it gives you a bit more independence and freedom during your time off.)

My Free Time, If I'm allowed friends over, If family can visit from home etc etc.

Its important to ask the family as much as you can, so that you know exactly who you are going to, and what they are like!

I'm sure I'm going to match soon-so watch this space!!
Exciting stuff!!

Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment