Thursday 10 January 2013

So my name is Roxy, and I have been bitten HARD by the nasty but amazing TRaveL BuG! My first big trip was to Australia and Dubai in 2004 when i was still in primary school, but the bug really got me good in 2009-2010 when I went to the USA to Au pair   Whilst in the States I traveled all over the east and west coasts, went on a cruise, visited the Bahamas and other places...but more on that later.  I returned home to South Africa on the 8th of December 2010, and since that date, I have wanted to spread my wings and fly again! The opportunity to go and Au pair has come around again, and I haven't just grabbed it with both hands, I have dive tackled it! 
In this blog, I plan to share all my au pair experiences tied in with all my travel experiences as well! 
This time around I don't plan to return home so quickly though-I want to work in the Caribbean, teach English in Dubai walk on the great wall of China, take a train through India and scuba through the Great Barrier Reef! My Au pair year is just the beginning of it all and I can NOT wait to get it all started!

I have just applied to the program, so I am waiting for families to call.  I will explain in my next post about how the program works.  So the next 2-3 weeks are really going to be the start of it all for me!

Yours in travel
Roxy

No comments:

Post a Comment